Saturday, October 13, 2007

Should I be....

Should I be annoyed or flattered? I cant decide...but I think i'm more disturbed by this only because I've been asked by way too many people if these are my properties. I'll show some pictures to explain what I'm taking about.

Here is what comes up in a search for "Stellar". I realize that I don't own the rights to the word stellar but it's clearly a case of trying to make their brand look like mine.


Oh but there's more. The person that has the skin shop is in a group named Stellar Design (mine is Stellar DesignS). She's also a part of a group that owns a sim named Stellar (mine is Stellar Isle). Coincidence? I really dont think so. Why would someone go through the trouble of doing this? I have no clue! :(
Here is my skin ad. Majority of my skins sell for 850 lindens.


Here is their skin ad. A little similar, eh? I went to go check them out and they sell for 4,000 Lindens and since they've already gone through this much to copy someone.. I'm betting they are selling stolen skins too. I didnt try a demo because I couldnt find one.


Anyhoo, thats whats new from me today LOL
I just wanted to clarify that this stuff has nothing to do with MY stellar. sigh

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! That's just -crazy-. Granted 'Stellar' is a common word, the skin ads do look vaguely similar.

It's a shame that some people can't come up with their own ideas and have to stoop so low as to steal someone else's ideas.

Lexi Morgan said...

Ohhh ty ty ty Guenevere for your comments about this. It's been bothering me for over a month now but I didnt want to say anything because I didnt want to drive any traffic there. People get curious (as I was) and will probably visit now but oh well. I'm just glad to see that someone else agrees that it's crazy! :)

Marni Grut said...

Its i shame people have copyed you but you cant acussed them of selling stolen skins till youve actuly seen there skin work....

Lexi Morgan said...

I would never accuse someone of that without knowing for sure. I said "betting" ..I guess I just wanted to alert people that it may be a possibility

Anonymous said...

That's plain screwed up!!! I am a big fan of your designs Lexi. I'm sure if I tp'd over to the other stelar places I would see that it wasnt your work instantly and I'm sure that would happen with a lot of other people. Your designs really are stellar quality. Thanks for telling about this because I'll never go there and keep up the good work